Favorite Eateries.... so far...

  • Favorite Places So Far.:.:.
  • Gabriel's Hoagies - Ypsilanti
  • Nico and Vali - Plymouth Downtown
  • Cellar 849 - Plymouth Downtown
  • Ari Rang - Ann Arbor
  • Lee's Famous Fried Chicken
  • Pizzaria Biga - Southfield

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Black Tulip Grille, Wixom Michigan

Stopped in while driving thru Wixom, I'd heard about the place from a local friend and was curious.    The restaurant is in an office building, and the street signage is very visible when driving on Beck Rd.  There  are two menus - one for breakfast, and one for lunch.  I was in a breakfast mood, and asked for that menu.   It's always gives me a good feeling when I see a menu with a handful of interesting choices, instead of a huge menu with a bunch of predictable and boring offerings.   Black Tulip has some very nice choices, and none of the boring stuff.   Feeling like some sturdy fare, I ordered up the Corned Beef Hash breakfast.  Sure, it was late morning, but what the heck!  


What greeted me, upon being served was a very sizable portion of one of my favorite concoctions!    Apparently, the corned beef is bought locally, then prepared to order, and is very apparent since there were visibly  hand cut pieces in the mix - nice to see.   The hash brown bed was nice n' crispy - done to perfection, with that multi-layered golden brown flakiness that is ever so hard to come by.   Three perfectly done poached eggs perched on top of the layers of Corned Beef hash, and potato hash browns, with a slight sprinkle of melted cheddar over the whole lot.  

For fans of corned beef hash, of what I consider a delicacy,  Black Tulip's version is a major home run.   The crispy potato hash, the tender corned beef hash, and the perfect gooeyness of the the poached egg, all combine to elevate the dish to truly awesome proportions.   If one were hung-over, this would truly be a magic bullet of a cure.   However, I was not hung-over, andI really didn't want this meal to end - it was that good.   Chef Dave even brought me over a cup of Chai tea to try - he has a new machine that makes it.  I'm not really a tea guy, but the drink really was an eye-opener and could possibly be addicting!  I'll be looking for that one again.  Also,  the place should have a real bar opening up soon, so those after work folk can have someplace to have a beer/wine and some light chow, before heading home - that's cool.

Great place, and I can't wait to explore the menu a bit.  Czech em out on the intra-netz!
Black Tulip Grill 

No comments:

Post a Comment